My name is Cat Stuart and I am a qualified Move it or Lose it! FABS instructor delivering fun, safe exercise to the over 60s. FABS stands for Flexibility, Aerobic, Balance and Strength and is a training programme that has been designed in partnership with the Centre for Healthy Ageing Research at Birmingham University to provide exercises that have been proven to “turn back the clock” and help maintain independence.
The exercises can be done standing, seated on a chair or standing with chair support and can be adapted to meet your needs with less repetitions or lower resistance. There are no exercises done on the floor.
I am fully insured, first aid trained and have a DBS certificate.
Attending FABS classes is great fun and is as much a social event as a fitness class. It will help you stay fit, motivated and active for life as well as offering the following benefits:
- Weight bearing exercise can help with osteoporosis and strengthen bones
- Increasing and toning muscles will improve posture and balance and aid with getting out of chairs and climbing the stairs
- Exercise strengthens the heart and can help reduce high blood pressure
- Improve your range of movement by increasing the flow of joint fluid helping you to reach into cupboards or tie your shoelaces
- Balance exercises help keep you upright when negotiating rough ground or riding the bus
- Improve your aerobic stamina so you can keep up with your friends, grandchildren or spend longer gardening.
Classes cost £4 a session on a pay as you go basis.