Everyone is welcome and capable to take part in a FABS class because we offer a flexible exercise programme that caters for any existing physical conditions you may have. In fact, the classes are ideal for helping those with joint replacements, muscle weakness, breathing conditions etc because we can tailor the programme to meet your needs, adjusting the range and intensity of each activity and working at your own pace. You are welcome to observe a class in action before joining in.
You don’t need to squeeze yourself into lycra or buy fancy trainers (unless you want to), the main aim is to give you the opportunity to exercise, keep you as active as possible and have fun!
What do I need to do before my first class?
- Fill in a Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire (PAR-Q) about your medical history and current activity levels
- Take part in a screening assessment with me to determine whether you will do the exercises sitting on a chair, standing with chair support or standing independently.
- It’s wise to check with your doctor before exercising especially if you are not used to activity or if you suffer from any illness, injury or medical problems such as high blood pressure, heart disease, diabetes, or have joint or back problems.
What do I need for the classes?
- Bring any medication you may need, especially inhalers
- Bottle of water
- Wear comfortable clothes and flat, sensible shoes
- A smile!